Saturday, June 4, 2011

EDIC 5825 (similarities/differences)

Similarities:
All of these different internet sources are in my opinion reaching one goal getting the students to work together.
Through the inquiry and the project students can choose to work together or alone is they choose to.
Both the project and inquiry allow student to work independently but then can put all of there findings together and look at how they relate.
Along with getting students to work together it also allows them to get a better understanding of the internet.
Not only are these a great advantage for the student but this allows students to become fully engaged an in tune with the class, instead of sitting there listening to the teacher just lecturing to them .

Differences:
The workshops are unlike the others because this is more of a tutorial. The workshop allows students to learn about different aspects of the Internet, and how to use it.
Along with the workshops the web quest also is different from the others, this is more of key tool for the teacher.
Also project is meant for many students to work together.



For my student teaching, I have been given all of the classes that I will be teaching, so that I can start to develop my plans for each one of the classes. I know that I will be teaching two classes of each: dog management and pet care. I have already starting working wither, seeing how I have just got of an internship with her at that school. I know that there is technology for power points but that is about it, there are no smart boards or anything like that.

Most of these different uses of technology I will be able to use in my classroom. The one in particular that would be very useful would have to be the projects. This allow my students to work collaboratively with other students around the US on a current issues topic. FOr example with the more recent outbreak of canine heart worm becoming more prevalent in the norther states. It would give students the opportunity to talk with students in other states to track the progression of this fatal issue. This would make a great project for students connect about and make predictions, and asses the current issue and make predictions about the future.

1 comment:

  1. You did a good job identifying key similarities. However - there are some issues with your differences.

    The workshop is not necessarily a "tutorial" - the students are active learners, searching for information (rather than being taught). Hopefully today's overview in class helped to clarify that for you. The WebQuest is not necessarily a "key tool" - however - like the Internet Project - it provides all of the information and resources online for the teacher - so the teacher does not have to put together all of the resources for the student.

    The Internet Project is meant for students to work together - both as a class - and through collaboration with other classes.

    I do not see APA citations or references. You need to at least attempt this for every post. Also I see some minor grammatical issues in your post - proof before posting.

    ReplyDelete